ExpressMED is looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team of passionate healthcare professionals. Available positions are listed on this page. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Provider: MD, PA, DO, APRN, or NP
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the clinical and administrative functions of ExpressMED to deliver the highest quality of occupational medicine and acute patient care.
• Perform physical exams and assessments of patients including urgent, emergent, and non‐urgent. Provide episodic care to patients following accepted standards and protocols.
• Select, order, perform and interpret tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient condition and augment physical findings.
• Analyze reports and findings of tests to diagnose patient.
• Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness and injury.
• Perform procedures including laceration repair, orthopedics, and provide referrals to medical specialists.
• Explain procedures and discuss test results and prescribed treatments with patients.
• Notate findings and treatment course in patient chart including follow‐up notes.
• Medical/ARNP/MSPAS degree from accredited university.
• For MD/DO: Board certification in internal medicine/pediatrics, family practice, emergency medicine, or another ABMS recognized specialty.
• Minimum 2 years experience in an urgent care or emergency department setting.
• State and federal licensure requirements. Nationally certified Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant. To include DEA lic and State of NH lic.
• Understanding of medical coding and billing.
• Knowledge of JCAHO accreditation requirements and state and federal regulations including OSHA, HIPAA, blood borne pathogens, and others.
• Competent with common PC applications including Internet, Email, and Microsoft Office.
• Ability to supervise, train, and evaluate new and current provider staff.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Radiologic technologist will be responsible for
producing consistent high quality images to assist providers
in determining a diagnosis. The technologist will also assist
in the administrative and clinical functions of
ExpressMED to deliver the highest quality of patient
care in occupational and urgent care medicine.
- Prepare patient for x-ray, explain procedures to patient and/or family, prepare room, equipment, and materials as needed.
- Position patient and arrange immobilization and support devices for patient.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors
- Adjust equipment controls; determine proper voltage, and exposure time.
- Administer routine x-ray exams.
- Document patient chart with procedures performed.
- Maintain Radiology Tracking log.
- Clean and disinfect x-ray room and equipment, maintain x-ray supplies.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
Answer the telephone – Take accurate messages (name, company phone #, time, purpose of call & when the best time to return the call) with appropriate problem solving.
Patient scheduling –Answer phones to make patient appointments via the scheduling
functions of Systoc.
Patient registration – Greet patients cheerfully. Understand and execute all functions involved with the preparation of patient charts, patient sign in, etc. and use those skills to maintain efficient patient services and office work flow.
Create and update patient demographics and insurance information in the computer system, verifying and analyzing health insurance benefits, explaining payment policies and billing/collections processes, generating charge ticket information, accepting, posting, and balancing cash drawer.
Determine and collect co‐pays, co‐insurance, deductibles, past due balances, and other patient financial responsibility.
Confirm that all pertinent patient information has been entered into Systoc and that signatures have been obtained on all necessary consent forms.
- P & P Manual – ExpressMed, LLC and ExpressMED at Salem
- Fax claim number request/confirmation forms to employers on a regular basis. Enter claim numbers and changes in the appropriate sections of Systoc.
- Understand and be able to access computerized information about patients, insurance, injuries and companies.
- When chart is complete, fax or mail appropriate material so it will be sent out according to specifications.
- Remove reports from fax and match to appropriate paperwork.
- Scan and attach documentation to electronic files.
- Continuously communicate with registered nurses, medical assistants, office manager and providers.
CLINICAL DUTIES: Always follow universal precautions
- Assist registered nurses as work load dictates- Including taking vitals, performing CLIA waved lab tests, and rooming patients
- For all PPE’s, IME’s, DOT’s and eye injuries check vision on wall chart. Check form to see if near vision or peripheral vision is required. Prepare patient for appropriate exam and make sure that the clinician is aware that a patient is ready.
- Drug testing – verify that the correct test is ordered and that paper work corresponds, sign & check I.D. Follow current DOT guidelines for all testing procedures, instruct patient how to obtain specimen and perform test. Prepare packages for shipping. Place paperwork in appropriate area. Enter patient drug testing results into Systoc. Follow instructions for Quick Test.
- Audiology – Prepare patient & perform audiogram to meet OSHA requirements.
- Breath Alcohol Test – Have current certificate on BOAC equipment. Perform test, complete necessary forms. Explain treatment procedures and prepare patient and exam room for examination. Complete medical chart to include medical services rendered, test results, and supplies used.
- Perform patient call backs, arrange referrals and testing, and schedule follow‐up appointments.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Current certification with ARRT.
- Completion of accredited radiology technology program.
- Knowledge of specific and OSHA requirements regarding radiological procedures.
- Ability to accurately read and write medical terminology.
- Ability to escort or transport a patient by wheelchair or stretcher when appropriate.
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with electronic medical records.
- Detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills.